• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.
  • The 2026 Calgary Area Meetup is set for Saturday May 30th at 10am. The signup thread is here! Robinhood has graciously offered to host the meetup again this year. Please note that you MUST RSVP to the notice linked above if you wish to come.

Really ?

Do Irish built airplanes have an ignition lockout to blow into?

Saskatchewan-ites probably can earn a DUI flying

Two-fer

Going off into another topic...

Dumb-a** across the street had a "blow-before-you-go" installed in his car due to a DUI. Apparently, one fine morning a neighbor witnessed a dumb-a** friend of the DUI dumb-a** pull up in his car, park, go into the car equipped with the "blow-before-you-go", blow into it, start it, get back into his own car, and drive away. Now the dumb-a** with the DUI was able to get in and drive away without blowing. Based on the witness neighbor's story it's hard not to assume the dumb-a** neighbor with the DUI had been drinking at the time.😡 I don't think accidentally swallowing his mouthwash was the motivation.
 
Hi Guys,
During Covid I've seen alkie's stealing hand sanitiser and drinking it ! After Covid ended the shops couldn't give it away. One shop that I went to had a free bottle of hand sanitiser with every purchase !
 
Hi Guys,
During Covid I've seen alkie's stealing hand sanitiser and drinking it ! After Covid ended the shops couldn't give it away. One shop that I went to had a free bottle of hand sanitiser with every purchase !
Very common around here at the local hospitals and healthcare centres. Years ago they started using dispensers that could not easily be broken into. People trying to break into those dispensers resulted in a lot of wall damage and repairs.
 
Very common around here at the local hospitals and healthcare centres. Years ago they started using dispensers that could not easily be broken into. People trying to break into those dispensers resulted in a lot of wall damage and repairs.
I wonder if those folks ever have to worry about a sore throat or bad breath?
 
Hi Guys,
During Covid I've seen alkie's stealing hand sanitiser and drinking it ! After Covid ended the shops couldn't give it away. One shop that I went to had a free bottle of hand sanitiser with every purchase !

Just picked up a bottle of rubbing alcohol the other day, Had a heck of a time trying to find it in the drug store and finally asked for help. Turned out they only keep it behind the pharmacy counter now.

I wonder if those folks ever have to worry about a sore throat or bad breath?
Used to attend to a fellow who had progressed up to drinking lacquer thinner. We'd get called to him passed out somewhere. Can't imagine he lived too much longer doing that. Some pretty sad individuals out there.
 
Yes it is sad. While I try to use humour regarding the subject, I do realize it is a real problem and I sympathize with those that deal with it either personally, professionally or with close ones.
When Linda worked at Shopper's Drugmart downtown they kept it behind the counter. Where she is now they do not because they don't have the same type of customers. Not that she doesn't dispense methadone for addicts and deal with disturbed people. But less so now in a smaller quieter more rural pharmacy.
 
Yes it is sad. While I try to use humour regarding the subject, I do realize it is a real problem and I sympathize with those that deal with it either personally, professionally or with close ones.
The stories I could tell....

And now just the other day I caught a guy with a bong in his pickup, which is legal-ish, but do you want to work next to him?

I prefer the drunks, I know how to work with drunks
 
Last edited:
Yes it is sad. While I try to use humour regarding the subject, I do realize it is a real problem and I sympathize with those that deal with it either personally, professionally or with close ones.
While humour might seem cruel and callous and misunderstood by those outside, it helps one to avoid spiraling down into the same mental state as those poor individuals. I used a lot of humour in 38 years of firefighting and managed to escape relatively intact.
 
I used a lot of humour in 38 years of firefighting and managed to escape relatively intact.

Yes.....

My middle son is a fireman. He has described various tragedies he has had to deal with in enough detail to send a normal person into shock just listening. I don't know how he has managed to deal with it in person and still keep going. He tells me that humour has been a key factor. That and talking about it with colleagues.

They don't pay firemen enough...
 
This has to be the ultimate stupidity in vehicle design. Just got back from Vancouver Island where i drove a 2026 VW TAOS. Totally touch tone and technically very sophisticated. Getting used to the car, driving down one of those narrow, twisting and very busy highways, I tried to adjust the volume on my radio. Next thing I know I'm talking to the Emergency services operator, without a phone connection yet ? She was very understanding and I gather it happens fairly often, but one would think an emergency call would be designed to demand some degree of effort, my spot satellite certainly does.
 
This has to be the ultimate stupidity in vehicle design. Just got back from Vancouver Island where i drove a 2026 VW TAOS. Totally touch tone and technically very sophisticated. Getting used to the car, driving down one of those narrow, twisting and very busy highways, I tried to adjust the volume on my radio. Next thing I know I'm talking to the Emergency services operator, without a phone connection yet ? She was very understanding and I gather it happens fairly often, but one would think an emergency call would be designed to demand some degree of effort, my spot satellite certainly does.
My watch did that once. We had company one evening. My phone was at the other end of the room. Suddenly I got a call from the 911 people asking if I was alright. And lots of other questions to verify I wasn't being coerced. Seems a certain movement of my arm told my watch I was in trouble.
Needless to say we figured out how it was doing that and disabled that given I was probably describing something with emphasis and not in trouble.
 
Back
Top