• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Radon gas mitigation in our home.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I've had the Air Things detector for a month now. Both short and long term levels are under 100 Bq/m³.
It rises a little if I shut off the air exchanger but we generally let it run all the time.
Health Canada says anything under 200 Bq/m³ doesn't need to be mitigated unless you really want to or can do it easily.
I guess something else will have to kill me.......
And I finally learned how to type an exponent..:D³
(it's always the little things)
Good news, rest peacefully.

Now how do you do the exponent thing?

StevSmar

(Steven)
Premium Member
Below are our radon levels for the last year. If I recall correctly before I installed a fan our levels were over 300 based on a certified 3 month test.

Two things I don’t like about the AirThings Wave is that:
- It detects when I’ve used VOC’s in the workshop…
- There isn’t a mode to hide certain data from my wife…
I have to remember to run the HRV continuously before I start playing with VOC’s…

(The red you can just see below for CO2 is when the smoke was bad in Winnipeg last year)
IMG_9142.png