• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Radial Arm Drill Press

mickeyf

Just what everyone needs in their basement! And, it's on the Island!

438024058_296746470135791_2341197604960441722_n.jpg

wmetfab

When I was at the gas plant they had a small Arboga radial drill, one of the nicest machines I've used. I lust after one again.
It was like this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240422-082246_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240422-082246_Google.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 5

wmetfab

I owned one of these Arboga gear head drill press for a while, I paid $200 for it Filthy, big holes drilled in the platten but fully functional.
Sold it for $900 when i closed the shop and downsized.

Before that I had the Tiawanese knock off version for many years.
I hung off of that one since I was 16.
I ended up buying it from the German fellow who owned the machine shop I worked at and sold that one when the Arboga came along

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240422-082355_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240422-082355_Google.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240422-082623_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240422-082623_Google.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 9

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I will be selling one Arboga soon as I have two.

My baby radial is over 2000 lbs, I am quite sure of that - especially if one counts the box under it. It is like 900mm arm length. I am a bit struggling finding projects suitable for it - I need something that is too big for the mill to handle. Like say an engine or a large flange type project.

Stuart Samuel

Premium Member
I will be selling one Arboga soon as I have two.

My baby radial is over 2000 lbs, I am quite sure of that - especially if one counts the box under it. It is like 900mm arm length. I am a bit struggling finding projects suitable for it - I need something that is too big for the mill to handle. Like say an engine or a large flange type project.
I can’t really justify getting one of these for work, but lord do they ever look great.

Martin w

When I was at the gas plant they had a small Arboga radial drill, one of the nicest machines I've used. I lust after one again.
It was like this
They are a very nice drill. I passed on one because the feed gear was broken. Picked up a nice Mas VR2.

Martin