Radial Arm Drill Press

Chipper5783

Send us a nicer picture of your machine? :)
Bergonzi UT25. There is some google history on the company before it went defunct 20+ years ago. I only was able to find a single line reference on the UT25 from an auction listing - no info available. It came to me as a jigsaw puzzle (the entire head / gearbox in cardboard boxes - some pieces missing). I worked out pretty well.

I had a quill return spring made up (that was expensive, now that I know how they did it and what was involved - should have tried it myself). I have not gotten aroundtoit making handle knobs and the auto kickoff for the power feed, reseal the oil pump - but it does drill 1” holes from solid no issue.

Attachments

• IMG_1178.jpeg
    IMG_1178.jpeg
    488.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1177.jpeg
    IMG_1177.jpeg
    561.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Chipper5783

My Mas VR2, the day I got it home. The box cast table is made of Swiss cheese. Still bugs me when I look at it!
Martin W
The box table on the Bergonzi probably had 50 holes drilled in it, many right through. There was no hiding them. I filled them in with JB Weld (used several kits - got the mega tubes) - had to go over quite a few times to fill in the sag/flow issue, built up T-slot walls etc. My plan was to draw file it - that didn’t work out (JB Weld when cured up is seriously tough stuff - hard not to hit the table as well). I ended up fly cutting it on the Huron mill. It was a pain to get it all dialed in, but an excellent result (cutting just the JBW and not the table material) - after stoning, it is difficult to feel where most of the repair locations are (a few don’t have enough JBW). I’m very happy with how it turned out.

Attachments

• IMG_0692.jpeg
    IMG_0692.jpeg
    728.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited: