• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Product Princess Auto Universal Sliding Heavy Duty Angle Grinder Stand

Product

Perry

Ultra Member
Anybody using one of these?

I have an extra grinder and I see these stands are on sale right now. Useful? Garbage?

https://www.princessauto.com/en/uni...duty-angle-grinder-stand/product/PA0009004409

images

GlenG

Glen
I have the cheaper non sliding version from Amazon, it's a bit meh. I mean it's ok, but it is what it is, it isn't a chop saw. It's kind of a nuisance to set up, so you kind of need a dedicated grinder for it if you decide to go that way. Mine has a dedicated use to cut horseshoes for welded horseshoe art. Other than that I free hand cut with my angle grinders, much easier and quicker.

little ol' e

Jus' a hobby guy
I don't own 1 but I think they would be useful in a small hobby environment. Safer than free cutting IMO but with a catch.
If your cutting up wide stock to its capacity limit then I would look into something else. I would think it could be potentially dangerous. I would probably want to keep the tension on the slider limiting when cutting at its limit. I would imagine, the pull back could get ugly fast with a 4 1/2 - 5 inch zip wheel under no slider tension.
Just my thoughts.

Perry

Ultra Member
Thank you for the input guys. The "stand that turns your hand drill into a drill press" probably swayed me away form it.

Seen the Princess Auto ad and realized I had a second angle grinder that was gifted to me, that might be put to use.

I do have a 4x6 Horizontal Vertical Metal Cutting Bandsaw and I'm sure that will work for most of my small cutting needs.

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I bought the PA non sliding version when on sale (a year or so ago).
Out of box for 15 seconds-
POC - back in box & back to store.
So can’t say how it works, never plugged it in - but IMO my body parts are worth more.