Precision Mathews 5" Vise - $200 in Mississauga

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
s-l640.jpg

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
That is just touch under price of new. I have I believe same one, can sell for say $150 in Calgary.

ThirtyOneDriver

Johnathan (John)
@Tom Kitta - is it a decent vise? Maybe I can fix my BB 5" but it currently pushes parts up when clamping; I'd be open to taking a shorter route and getting something else that would work.

$200 in the 'Sauga would be the same as $150 in Calgary for myself because of my location, etc.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
@Tom Kitta - is it a decent vise? Maybe I can fix my BB 5" but it currently pushes parts up when clamping; I'd be open to taking a shorter route and getting something else that would work.

$200 in the 'Sauga would be the same as $150 in Calgary for myself because of my location, etc.

Its back looks nicely ground so that feels good. I reground the jaws b/c someone really hated them in previous life. The base has two small holes from someone drilling into it. Not sure about pushing parts up, I could put a part in and check whatever its bad - even Kurt pushes a bit up so I just hammer them in onto the parallels and make sure both parallels don't move.