• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Precision Mathews 5" Vise - $200 in Mississauga

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
s-l640.jpg

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
That is just touch under price of new. I have I believe same one, can sell for say $150 in Calgary.

ThirtyOneDriver

Johnathan (John)
@Tom Kitta - is it a decent vise? Maybe I can fix my BB 5" but it currently pushes parts up when clamping; I'd be open to taking a shorter route and getting something else that would work.

$200 in the 'Sauga would be the same as $150 in Calgary for myself because of my location, etc.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
@Tom Kitta - is it a decent vise? Maybe I can fix my BB 5" but it currently pushes parts up when clamping; I'd be open to taking a shorter route and getting something else that would work.

$200 in the 'Sauga would be the same as $150 in Calgary for myself because of my location, etc.

Its back looks nicely ground so that feels good. I reground the jaws b/c someone really hated them in previous life. The base has two small holes from someone drilling into it. Not sure about pushing parts up, I could put a part in and check whatever its bad - even Kurt pushes a bit up so I just hammer them in onto the parallels and make sure both parallels don't move.