• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Powder Coating

Kris Jensen

Hey I wanted to give anyone in the forum a chance to do business with me first before I start looking or even start a new powder coating project.

What I need is to get some of my cnc plasma parts that I cut powder coated on a regular basis, I could probably keep someone busy at least one day a week and I feel I'm just getting started.

Ideally I would need someone who has at least the capabilities to cure parts approximately 48"x48"x12"

Anyone interested let me know thanks!

Last edited:

kylemp

I know a guy (company) who has a booth, its for their own purposes but I know they'll do powdercoating for others though.. big oven, I think its 30' or so. If you don't find someone who can do it on here I can give you the info for them..

Kris Jensen

I know a guy (company) who has a booth, its for their own purposes but I know they'll do powdercoating for others though.. big oven, I think its 30' or so. If you don't find someone who can do it on here I can give you the info for them..
Thx that would be great

I too also know of a guy who has a powder coating set up. He's across the street from Princess Auto. He's really cheap....Price wise. Let me know if your interested.
Brian

Kris Jensen

There on sale at KMS for around $195 regular $209. I believe.
image.jpeg

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Hey @Janger, Not this thread, just periodically things get caught in a moderation approval line.

I'm still working on fully understanding the system permissions that dictate what get's caught for moderation, but some things that I noted seem to always get caught:
URL links to third party websites.
Often long posts from a new member need moderation
Links with pictures sometimes

And a handful that don't really seem to have anything too alarming about them, but I suspect triggered a spam filter of some variety due to specific density of words algorithmicly decided to be spammy.
--> This one Is more a hunch based on my background with email server spam filters, that run using this method.

Also, new members in general appear to have a high level of scrutiny by the system by default.

While we do have the control to mark a thread, or a forum section as "All posts need moderation" to date, this function has never been turned on.

JW

Tom O

Ultra Member
You bought the fancy dual voltage one?

No I haven't bought one yet I'll have to make some room in the garage there is about 3 &1/2 garbagecans of metal to turn into Ingots, and the welder / new table for welding takes up a lot of space too!
still drooling though!