• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Post preview in email notifications

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I see that CMW runs on Xenforo, which is the same platform used by Hobby-Machinists.
Email notifications for new posts from HM show the content of the post whereas email notifications from CMW only say there was a reply to a thread I'm watching.
Is there a setting I need to change in my profile to allow the content of the post to show in the email?

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
I see that CMW runs on Xenforo, which is the same platform used by Hobby-Machinists.
Email notifications for new posts from HM show the content of the post whereas email notifications from CMW only say there was a reply to a thread I'm watching.
Is there a setting I need to change in my profile to allow the content of the post to show in the email?
I have no idea whatsoever. But I will sure find out!

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
It was just a switch to toggle in the settings.

Changed for all users, regardless as to supporting member status!

JW