• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

CA-ON Plastic Suppliers (Small Quantities)

Ontario
Type
Supplies

revrnd

Can anyone suggest a source for smaller quantities of 'plastic' stock? For example, I don't need 10' of 2" diameter, maybe a foot or two when purchasing.

Located in Toronto or east (I'm north of Peterborough).

TIA

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
Amazon has tons. I ordered some delrin from this place once and that went ok too:

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
I've bought from millennium alloys in the past, shipping was reasonable iirc, not sure how the prices compare these days, but worth a look

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Spae-naur in Kitchener will ship you smaller quantities.
Take a look in their catalogue on line.

Piedmont Plastics (Kitchener) and Peckovers (GTA) will cut to order and also ships to customers.

LenVW

Premium Member
Piedmont also has a closer site to you in Eastern GTA.

938 Tapscott Road
Scarborough, ON M1X 1C3
P. 416-281-4300

BTW - I think Peckovers may have sold their plastics division.
(We were buying Nylon Plate from them back in 1998)

LenVW

Premium Member
TIA,
I was able to pickup Piece of 1” thk, UHMW at a client yesterday.
It is a waxy, self lubricating polymer from MITSUBISHI Advanced Materials.
(See photo)
I have a few pieces and could cut you some.
Send me you required ‘rough’ dimensions and I can check to see if I have enough.

Attachments

• IMG_0254.jpeg
    IMG_0254.jpeg
    594.5 KB · Views: 5