• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

parallels

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
I saw that but decided for now I'd scoop up the parallels while they were on offer & think about 123s later.

@LenVW I have a noob question, what is the purpose of the threaded end mills in your photo? I received a handful of old EMs with my mill that have that feature. I see some holders in BT30/40 format so I assume it's for heavier work?

D:cool:
When I was a machinist at Ex-Cell-0 in the 1980s, they had a few old Cincinnati Mills that had threaded anchors for the End Mills along with heavy taper collets. I think it was a 20hp mill.
The facing mills were cutter heads with 12 to 18 cartridges holding carbide inserts.

This company has examples of the cutters we used back then.
www.iscar.com

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Holy crap. I have to wonder how many members got a set! Any vendor not willing to offer a CHMW discount is losing out on a great opportunity.

The power of a positive post on CHMW is AMAZING!

I'm also wondering if maybe I should have ordered a set for myself for backup or whatever!

Hacker

Super User
I am a little late to this thread but I just put in an order as well.:) This will work great as the set I have is 3/8.

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
Need some help?
Just waiting for a bench top to show up in SK that is not part of an auction that is going for new price or higher. I have a line on one but it is held up in an estate, so if I can find one in good shape before that one becomes available I would like to get it. Till then I have lots of other projects and skills to learn.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Just waiting for a bench top to show up in SK that is not part of an auction that is going for new price or higher. I have a line on one but it is held up in an estate, so if I can find one in good shape before that one becomes available I would like to get it. Till then I have lots of other projects and skills to learn.

Great attitude!

I forgot you are a Prairie boy like me. Too bad my dad moved me East. Wish I could have stayed. Wish I could go back but that won't happen till my wife passes - which won't be any time soon cuz she is 10x as healthy as I am! But who knows, maybe she will bury me on the home farm.....

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Ordered the 1/4” wide set parallels (I already have a 1/8” set) and threw in a set of 1-2-3 blocks for $24. I’ll do some testing once they come in…

My current set of 1-2-3 came from an auction tool box which had water damage in the drawer, so one in the set is corroded. The pitting is sub-surface, so the pair is still usable as is.

Hacker

Super User
Ordered the 1/4” wide set parallels (I already have a 1/8” set) and threw in a set of 1-2-3 blocks for $24. I’ll do some testing once they come in…

My current set of 1-2-3 came from an auction tool box which had water damage in the drawer, so one in the set is corroded. The pitting is sub-surface, so the pair is still usable as is.
I will be interesting to see what you find.