• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

parallels

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Parallel set. The ones in the red box 1/8" thick.

$60 with tax and free shipping.

This is the cheapest I can find in Canada, everywhere else seems like a lot of money - KMS $90 on sale. Cheapest is harbour freight in USA. $36USD=$47CAD so if you're down in Amerika that's a good detour to get a set.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Likewise this set of angle blocks for $63

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member

Tecnico

(Dave)
thanks for spending my money @Janger !:D
LOL! I was going to write this exact message myself!

CDN Hobby Metalworkers - Happily spending members $ since 2015.

I had no idea that Home Depot in Canada had such useful tools, they were on my shopping list to go with the new mill. Thanks @Janger for the heads up.

Looked at the WEN 123 blocks too but buyers (on Amazon, same P/N) report that they're only +/- .002".

And the journey continues.

Tecnico:cool:

Tecnico

(Dave)
And now I have parallels and angle blocks coming. Half again the price of the equipment in tooling, right?
LOL! I don't want to know/I don't want to see the bill but I have acquired a few toys tools so far...more to come.

Oh, and the 800 lb gorilla standing quietly in the corner is holding a nice new Kurt vise....

Tecnico :cool:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Likewise this set of angle blocks for $63

These are NICE! Even come in a decent box. Mine are in a cheapo plastic fold-over sleeve. Wish they did trade-ins.....

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
LOL! I was going to write this exact message myself!

CDN Hobby Metalworkers - Happily spending members $ since 2015.

I had no idea that Home Depot in Canada had such useful tools, they were on my shopping list to go with the new mill. Thanks @Janger for the heads up.

Looked at the WEN 123 blocks too but buyers (on Amazon, same P/N) report that they're only +/- .002".

And the journey continues.

Tecnico:cool:

Amazon has the Accusize 123 blocks with tenth precision. I have some. They are as claimed against my standard.

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
And now I have parallels and angle blocks coming. Half again the price of the equipment in tooling, right?
Time to list your inventory of tools.
I am digging out my toolbox from the 1980s.

Attachments

• 5FDED2EC-2DD4-4193-8A41-1D8B3255662B.jpeg
    5FDED2EC-2DD4-4193-8A41-1D8B3255662B.jpeg
    637.5 KB · Views: 20

Tecnico

(Dave)
Amazon has the Accusize 123 blocks with tenth precision. I have some. They are as claimed against my standard.
I saw that but decided for now I'd scoop up the parallels while they were on offer & think about 123s later.

@LenVW I have a noob question, what is the purpose of the threaded end mills in your photo? I received a handful of old EMs with my mill that have that feature. I see some holders in BT30/40 format so I assume it's for heavier work?

D:cool:

MashingMetal

Mill clamping sets have gone up too, I have a 2 year old KBC catalog and everything has gone way up in price, I should have looked up current prices on line. I have enjoyed having a couple set of parallels and some odd bigger ones. lots of options.