parallels

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Parallel set. The ones in the red box 1/8" thick.

$60 with tax and free shipping.

This is the cheapest I can find in Canada, everywhere else seems like a lot of money - KMS $90 on sale. Cheapest is harbour freight in USA. $36USD=$47CAD so if you're down in Amerika that's a good detour to get a set.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Likewise this set of angle blocks for $63

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member

Tecnico

(Dave)
thanks for spending my money @Janger !:D
LOL! I was going to write this exact message myself!

CDN Hobby Metalworkers - Happily spending members $ since 2015.

I had no idea that Home Depot in Canada had such useful tools, they were on my shopping list to go with the new mill. Thanks @Janger for the heads up.

Looked at the WEN 123 blocks too but buyers (on Amazon, same P/N) report that they're only +/- .002".

And the journey continues.

Tecnico:cool:

Tecnico

(Dave)
And now I have parallels and angle blocks coming. Half again the price of the equipment in tooling, right?
LOL! I don't want to know/I don't want to see the bill but I have acquired a few toys tools so far...more to come.

Oh, and the 800 lb gorilla standing quietly in the corner is holding a nice new Kurt vise....

Tecnico :cool:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Likewise this set of angle blocks for $63

These are NICE! Even come in a decent box. Mine are in a cheapo plastic fold-over sleeve. Wish they did trade-ins.....

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
LOL! I was going to write this exact message myself!

CDN Hobby Metalworkers - Happily spending members $ since 2015.

I had no idea that Home Depot in Canada had such useful tools, they were on my shopping list to go with the new mill. Thanks @Janger for the heads up.

Looked at the WEN 123 blocks too but buyers (on Amazon, same P/N) report that they're only +/- .002".

And the journey continues.

Tecnico:cool:

Amazon has the Accusize 123 blocks with tenth precision. I have some. They are as claimed against my standard.

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
And now I have parallels and angle blocks coming. Half again the price of the equipment in tooling, right?
Time to list your inventory of tools.
I am digging out my toolbox from the 1980s.

Attachments

• 5FDED2EC-2DD4-4193-8A41-1D8B3255662B.jpeg
    5FDED2EC-2DD4-4193-8A41-1D8B3255662B.jpeg
    637.5 KB · Views: 20

Tecnico

(Dave)
Amazon has the Accusize 123 blocks with tenth precision. I have some. They are as claimed against my standard.
I saw that but decided for now I'd scoop up the parallels while they were on offer & think about 123s later.

@LenVW I have a noob question, what is the purpose of the threaded end mills in your photo? I received a handful of old EMs with my mill that have that feature. I see some holders in BT30/40 format so I assume it's for heavier work?

D:cool:

MashingMetal

Mill clamping sets have gone up too, I have a 2 year old KBC catalog and everything has gone way up in price, I should have looked up current prices on line. I have enjoyed having a couple set of parallels and some odd bigger ones. lots of options.