PA Forges?

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Those are made here on Vancouver Island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
This is what I found out.

Mighty Forge
17 years 10 months
  • President
    Apr 2003 - Present17 years 8 months
    Duncan BC
    Mighty Forge is a custom forge designer of specially produced hand crafted propane and natural gas forges for a wide range of industries including: Blacksmiths, farriers, blade smiths and metal artisans market.
  • President
    Feb 2003 - Present17 years 10 months
    Duncan BC

Tom O

Ultra Member
It would be good for Forging & casting but I think the price is high for what it is I’ve never liked the pushbutton spark ignighters.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Mighty website has the Mighty Forge listed as $935.00 Canadian. If this item is identical to the PA one then in my view its appears to be a good deal. Just saying!

the PA model has 1 burner instead 2 and the interior is 7.5x7.5x3.5 instead of 11.5x7.5x3.5. So the mighty model is the next size up I suppose. Made in Canada on the island that’s great. This is tempting. Tom mentioned it seems pricey for what you get. I agree on one hand but it’s been designed and developed and just works I imagine. That’s worth a fair bit I think. Do you want to develop and build tools or use the tools? Gotta pick sometimes. anyway I was pretty impressed and I hope it goes well for them.

francist

Super User
I have one of the original MightyForges I bought some years ago (2012 or 13, I think). Nice units, and a really nice guy too. Unfortunately I have yet to fire the thing and it still sits in my back bedroom waiting to be tried out :rolleyes:

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
Do you want to develop and build tools or use the tools? Gotta pick sometimes. anyway I was pretty impressed and I hope it goes well for them.

Good points @Janger . Materials I'd put at about 150 bucks (regulator and fire-brick are the biggest costs), and something easy to make if you have some scrap steel.

Burner design/build is very simple, there is tons of material on the net (search Riel Burner etc.). I make my own burner for propane fired furnace for casting for < 10 bucks at home depot. 1" gas pipe, brass nipple w/end, a bell-reducer......

But, to just press a button and be in "forged in fire" mode, the cost may be acceptable because it isn't outrageous. Personally, I'd build my own forge and buy a new tig welder or plasma cutter or another shaper :eek: I'll definitely be going to take 'dimensions' off the one at PA. I have about 3 old 10 gallon air compressor tanks 'begging' to become a forge.

I like the made in Canada angle, and if I was buying one, I'd probably try and get @francist to sell me his to get it out of his back bedroom and free up room for another tool for him. Maybe I can do a west coast swing and buy some tools from the lucky-devil @David_R8 given his recent lottery win!

francist

Super User
Haha, wishful thinking! I’ll fire it soon, I can feel it coming on again. A bunch of family stuff just got in the way for a few years but my time is slowly coming back again.

B42481E7-96BC-4569-AF29-DF068A789328.jpeg

Last edited:

francist

Super User
Thanks @David_R8 It’s the butt end of an outdoor fire poker I made as a gift for a lady I worked with. My mom liked it too, it was the last thing of my making that she saw.

-f

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I have one of the original MightyForges I bought some years ago (2012 or 13, I think). Nice units, and a really nice guy too. Unfortunately I have yet to fire the thing and it still sits in my back bedroom waiting to be tried out :rolleyes:

Well Frank we all want you to get it going and show us what it’s like! Go frank go frank go frank!