• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Ontario Members: any interest in a meet/Greet?

Interest in a Meet/Greet/Demo?

• I would like to go: February works

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • I would like to go: February doesn’t work

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Ok - question to the Mods?@Janger ?, is there a way to set up a list so I can see who all would like to attend and then I can email out my address?

I guess I can ask anyone who would plan on attending to PM me- use the heading “I will attend” and provide for me your information so I can put together a big email.

I am thinking along the lines of say:

10am start
Chats, meets greets etc
11 am demo - will figure out something
12 - Lunch - hopefully great weather, can provide something like pulled pork on a bun with salad. Some drinks, etc
1:30 Demo #2
2:30 Demo #3

Wrap stuff up, more mingling and chatting etc

If folks can bring a fold up chair - excellent

I can put on a keg of beer if some are up for that (donations welcome) if there’s more need of time, no problem

If anyone wants to demonstrate something - let me know and we can organize. I am getting the tool sharpener up to function so we can play with that a bit.

If anyone want something shown on the lathe or mill or welding (within reason) we can try and accommodate that as well.

If anyone is coming a great distance - We can perhaps carry over to the Sunday - :)
- Your schedule looks good - maybe 9AM start? - but then I am an early riser
- I will be driving so not much beer req'd (although i love keggers)
- certainly a small fee to ensure all your cost are covered (depending on numbers you might want to consider a Port-a-Potty)
- help --- what is "PM me"? How?

ShawnR

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I will be in, one way or another. Commercial flight, private flight or drive, but you said beer, right?

:D

Brent H

Ultra Member
Hello Ontario Folks!

Just giving this thread a bump to get some responses.

This would be for the May 28th (Saturday) time.

So far I have the following:

@thestelster - good to come
@Canadium - Possibly if heath is up to it
@CWret -good to come
@Susquatch - Good to come if plants allow
@ShawnR - Working on transportation
@trlvn - Good to come (Unless his baby arrives) :D

@CWret is in the Burlington area and is willing to car pool up 3 passengers if that assists travel.

There has been a request to possibly have a tool swap/tools for sale period - that sounds great

Since we are now in May if folks could send me a PM that would be great.

We can get things going at any time on Saturday - I expect there could be some staggered arrivals due to the travel - should be no problem for early or later arrivals. I will try and organize things so that very little is missed by anyone coming.

I will start another post after a few more folks firm things up - if you have suggestions please add them to your contact information when you PM me - I am sure we will have other opportunities to get things together at later dates if this meet and greet is successful.

Last edited: