• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Ontario Members: any interest in a meet/Greet?

Interest in a Meet/Greet/Demo?

• I would like to go: February works

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • I would like to go: February doesn’t work

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I'm great with whatever month/day/year works best for you Brent. I'll either be able to go or I can't. I won't begin to start down the road of could you make it a different day....

As for the protocol, I'll go with whatever you decide. I just got my golden ticket. I had omicron over the new year weekend. With triple vax it was a piece of cake - at least for me. And I am compromised with respiratory issues. But more importantly, getting Omicron gives me super immunity so I don't really need to worry about anything myself.

That said, the majority of our members are old men - at least one older than me. It only makes sense to protect them as best we can. I have zero interest in playing any role in a serious health incident or the demise of another member. It's your place and your rules - I'll happily abide by them and focus on enjoying the company of some great people.

So basically, I'm easy and flexible. Just say when and where and I'll try to be there.

Brent H

Ultra Member
Alrighty then folks - the date will move along to the spring at some point. I also need to have it fit my schedule as my wife is quite entertaining but is not into metal working so I think I should be there.

I will ensure that we will maintain a safe setting and be responsible to the governing rules of the virus at the time of hosting. It will be better weather and to have some places outside a bit as well. I can perhaps put on some smoked meat, beers or whatever's at that time. If there are any concerns we can work on it closer to that time.

We can hopefully end any "Covid" debates going forwards and wish Ian all the best on a successful treatment and recovery.

If you have suggestions on things to discuss, demonstrate or look at please add them to the mix. I can work on an itinerary of sorts and perhaps download a few videos etc and have a bit of a presentation. Or have some of the guests present something cool. I am sure a few folks would like to see a few things demonstrated or discussed and there may be some people covering a distance so I would like to make it as informative yet informal as possible.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Short answer yes

The longer answer is it depends which country and how they’re enforcing it

Funny how I was essential for the last two years.....

Just noticed your new moniker! From "Professional Tourist" to "Forum Pony Express Driver"! Too funny @Chicken lights!

I think many here do their bit to help others but you do way more than your share! On behalf of everyone, I am grateful to you for it. You are a VERY cool guy......

TOBARApprentice

Super User
Hey all. I’d be willing to host as well if anyone is interested. I’m in Ancaster just off the 403 at Wilson street by 2 min. My wife is gone for a week in April and in May. My sched comes out on Sunday and I can post a tentative date if there is interest. That said this is not to step on Brents toes or overstep his initial offer. Too….. I’ve been in contact with a few of the Youtube creators and Richard King about putting together a scraping class and an Canada “bash”. More details to follow but just putting out the initial….. Cheers all. Derek

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Hey all. I’d be willing to host as well if anyone is interested. I’m in Ancaster just off the 403 at Wilson street by 2 min. My wife is gone for a week in April and in May. My sched comes out on Sunday and I can post a tentative date if there is interest. That said this is not to step on Brents toes or overstep his initial offer. Too….. I’ve been in contact with a few of the Youtube creators and Richard King about putting together a scraping class and an Canada “bash”. More details to follow but just putting out the initial….. Cheers all. Derek
I'd certainly be interested in a scraping class if one were ever to materialize.

Brent H

Ultra Member
Hey folks - I get home “last shift off before retiring” on May 11. Perhaps we could do a meet/greet and stuff May 28 th ish????

Would need a PM from folks who could attend. And we can work out numbers.

Scrapping class would be awesome - I am not able to do that but if someone can?

I can put on a pretty good BBQ/keg/etc. I hope to have the sharpener working and we have lots of other things we can discuss/laugh about etc.

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Brent,
Sounds good, I will be in Nova Scotia in early May, but back in time for your bash !!

Derek,
I am thru Ancaster on the 403 every week (GTA to Woodstock).
I am familiar with Wilson Street, I even played the Hamilton CC once.
Once you decide on the date . . . post it.

architect

Super User
Hey folks - I get home “last shift off before retiring” on May 11. Perhaps we could do a meet/greet and stuff May 28 th ish????

Would need a PM from folks who could attend. And we can work out numbers.

Scrapping class would be awesome - I am not able to do that but if someone can?

I can put on a pretty good BBQ/keg/etc. I hope to have the sharpener working and we have lots of other things we can discuss/laugh about etc.
I'm in!

Payner

Premium Member
Brent . That date looks good to me for a get together .

Derek . I would be interested if you can set up a scrapping class and get together .
Bill

Brent H

Ultra Member
Ok - question to the Mods?@Janger ?, is there a way to set up a list so I can see who all would like to attend and then I can email out my address?

I guess I can ask anyone who would plan on attending to PM me- use the heading “I will attend” and provide for me your information so I can put together a big email.

I am thinking along the lines of say:

10am start
Chats, meets greets etc
11 am demo - will figure out something
12 - Lunch - hopefully great weather, can provide something like pulled pork on a bun with salad. Some drinks, etc
1:30 Demo #2
2:30 Demo #3

Wrap stuff up, more mingling and chatting etc

If folks can bring a fold up chair - excellent

I can put on a keg of beer if some are up for that (donations welcome) if there’s more need of time, no problem

If anyone wants to demonstrate something - let me know and we can organize. I am getting the tool sharpener up to function so we can play with that a bit.

If anyone want something shown on the lathe or mill or welding (within reason) we can try and accommodate that as well.

If anyone is coming a great distance - We can perhaps carry over to the Sunday - :)