• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

One Man's Junk is another man's Treasure

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Jeez i went to emotors to look around, can't afford those prices, over a grand for a 2hp 3ph. Maybe im looking in the wrong spot. I bought a used 2hp 3ph off Kijiji, the wiring looks real sketchy, might have to drag it in and have a better look at it.
Shouldn’t be that expensive. Did you sort lowest to highest price?

slow-poke

Ultra Member
Shouldn’t be that expensive. Did you sort lowest to highest price?

6.5 Fan said:
Jeez i went to emotors to look around, can't afford those prices, over a grand for a 2hp 3ph. Maybe im looking in the wrong spot. I bought a used 2hp 3ph off Kijiji, the wiring looks real sketchy, might have to drag it in and have a better look at it.

I just paid $113 for new surplus 1.5HP

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Its a beautiful, warm, sunny day here in Moose Jaw for this November 18th, (shirt sleeve warm). WOW!

So I removed the motor pully from the naked Gem and learned a lot. Needless to say it was a tight fit on the motor shaft although the pully didn't have a key slot only the motor shaft. My 3 jaw pully puller did the job nicely I might add, slow and easy does it with aluminum.

Measurements: motor shaft diameter 7/8 ", length 2.25", set screw 5/16" x 18, motor shaft key slot is 0.027" wide just enough for the nose of the set screw to enter. Like I mentioned no key or sign of pully slippage. with only the one (1) set screw.

Attachments

• IMG_0027.JPG
    IMG_0027.JPG
    380.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    341.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
NAKED LADY UPDATE, she was sold and loaded Saturday morning 13th April 2024, photos attached.

Yes I wiped a few tears from my eyes, new owner (forum member) will take good care of her.

First 2 photos last minutes in my shop, then loaded. Last photo Naked Lady sitting in her new forever home.

Attachments

• IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    466 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG
    510.5 KB · Views: 31
  • in place 2.jpg
    in place 2.jpg
    735.3 KB · Views: 32

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
This beautiful machine landed in my shop. Sorry for the longtime to update. I was waiting to make first chips before posting, but a longtime back issue flared up and kept me from getting much done in the shop after it was moved and then got busy with yard work and getting the shop back in order before I could get to making chips. I have been looking for a mill for several years and glad to get such a great machine as my first mill.

Thanks again Dusty.