• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

On using walkers

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
As a dude who just very recently became very dependent on a walker....are you boys making fun of us old bastards LOL
Can't speak for others, but in my case I am easing myself into the mindset that I will likely require a walker earlier than others. I want to be like my elderly aunt, who embraced every medical and mobility challenge with gusto and just kept going. My pride has a ways to go yet; I just hope I grow up enough in time to find dignity in old age.

deleted_user

Super User
As a dude who just very recently became very dependent on a walker....are you boys making fun of us old bastards LOL
apparently ableism is funny.

well it is sometimes.

I have never had to use a walker, but I've had to use a cane repeatedly for extended times, and well as one of those chairs for the bath. My new retirement goal is to have a spa like master bath, with a bench seat built right into the shower... with hydronic heating.
8dba14f2658e003be88e9d31062da172.jpg

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
apparently ableism is funny.

well it is sometimes.

I have never had to use a walker, but I've had to use a cane repeatedly for extended times, and well as one of those chairs for the bath. My new retirement goal is to have a spa like master bath, with a bench seat built right into the shower... with hydronic heating.
8dba14f2658e003be88e9d31062da172.jpg
Man that shower is nicer than than my house. Just missing a draft beer tap though. Likely an oversight.