• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Andrikj01

Hello, I am wondering if anyone knows anything about this machine and could provide some information as I cannot find much online 20180823_190710.jpg 20180822_202142.jpg 20180822_202125.jpg 20180822_202131.jpg

Andrikj01

There’s a few catalogue sheets with specifications here on Gordon machines, including that Tracemaster. It’s a manual duplicating mill, but that’s all I found so far.

http://www.lathes.co.uk/gorton-1963/
Thanks! This thing has been sitting for many years but has next to zero hours on it, thought it might be fun to see if the owner (a friend of mine) would be interested in seeing if we could get it functional

Marc Moreau

Marc Moreau
This machine might be heavy ,do you know the weight ? I am so impress to see old machine like this one and still working ? I think the major problem is to find infos and part's . This is the reason why I like this site. Thank you to all member's to help each other.

Andrikj01

This machine might be heavy ,do you know the weight ? I am so impress to see old machine like this one and still working ? I think the major problem is to find infos and part's . This is the reason why I like this site. Thank you to all member's to help each other.
Last I checked it, all the manual hand cranks still moved everything properly (of course it was a little stiff), I don't know how it got power as the shop it's in barely has a panel, let alone 3 phase. I'm fairly certain all the hoses are completely destroyed from age and need to be replaced. I found a slightly smaller model rated at about 4000lbs, that was also without the trace mechanism and the wider table so this is definitely over 5000 lbs, probably more

Proxule

Ultra Member
Seen this mill posted on kijiji for free, Then some joker picked it up and re-posted it for 3600$
Still on kiijiji right now!
Seems like the original poster registered and posted 3 times, lol

Scattered Parts

Mike
Premium Member
I messagedthe Kijiji guy about this mill. I wanted a few better pictures. He told me that another guy has the mill at his property and gave me a number to message him. Kind or a red flag for me. Also, who leaves a mill outside unprotected and covered in snow then expects someone to pay $3600 for it? Just wanted to feel out the guy about the machine but too many warning signals to proceed.

Now, if you could look at it and test it under power that is a whole different scenario. At least it has been moved inside.