• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Old Busy bee bandsaw

SimonM

I’ve been on the hunt for a bandsaw for a while. All that was within my budget was used 5x6 but I couldn’t get myself to buy one because it wasn’t what I wanted.

Until today, born in 1987 and well (ab)used, at 200$ including an extra brand new Lennox blade, I couldn’t pass.

It appears to work well but I’m sure I’ll end up investing way too much time into it.

Attachments

• 5019661E-2CB5-4DA6-853D-20175324AF75.jpeg
    5019661E-2CB5-4DA6-853D-20175324AF75.jpeg
    353.8 KB · Views: 55

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Looks like 7x10 of some strange style or similar - if it is something close to that size then $200 was a total steal.

historicalarms

Ultra Member
Your gonna like it big time I bet. I was given a 4x6 metal bandsaw by a shop foreman that characterized it as a "wore out piece of junk" that you can have for hauling it away...and he helped me load it too.
That was at least 25 yrs ago and I have never done a thing to that saw except change blades...and it has cut thousands of inches of iron, wood, plastic & aluminum.
P.A. is where I buy all my blades and think that the bit extra for bi-metal blades is money well spent...1/3 the cost over the plain HSS but 3 times the lifespan.