• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Oil can for use with ball oilers

cuslog

Super User
Premium Member
Well, I said I'd report back regarding the mini-grease gun I'd bought thinking it would pump oil like I had seen in a couple of youtube videos.
So, I bought a "Lincoln" mini grease gun - total POS, even for pumping grease, not a nice design at all and no it won't pump way oil (at least not with any force). Reilang is looking more attractive all the time.

Rotaxxx

Well, I said I'd report back regarding the mini-grease gun I'd bought thinking it would pump oil like I had seen in a couple of youtube videos.
So, I bought a "Lincoln" mini grease gun - total POS, even for pumping grease, not a nice design at all and no it won't pump way oil (at least not with any force). Reilang is looking more attractive all the time.

Were you able to get the oil into it without it leaking all over once it was together? When I converted mine over for oil use I had a bugger of a time to get it all sealed so I had no leaks. Also when I put mine together the instructions say to remove the spring on the plunger. I left mine in and it forces the oil to the top of the gun all the time. Once I get it bled, it works great. Mind you maybe my grease gun is different and I just got lucky with mine. I don't know!

Crankit

My Reilang had a delivery attempt today(no unit # on package) redel on Monday...pretty good since I only put the order in on Sunday. I ordered the rebuild kit with the oiler so it should be good for my lifetime. DHL did ding me $30 for taxes/brokerage on the purchase of both items.

cuslog

Super User
Premium Member
Were you able to get the oil into it without it leaking all over once it was together? When I converted mine over for oil use I had a bugger of a time to get it all sealed so I had no leaks. Also when I put mine together the instructions say to remove the spring on the plunger. I left mine in and it forces the oil to the top of the gun all the time. Once I get it bled, it works great. Mind you maybe my grease gun is different and I just got lucky with mine. I don't know!

Tried it once right out of the packaging, plunger, spring et al, leaked like a sieve. Removed plunger, spring etc., RTV silicone over the hole in the end, no more leaking but still no pumping (at least not with any pressure), into the garbage can it went, total waste of time and money.

Chipper5783

Reilang all the way for me. No mess to fill it, no leaks in storage - whether laying down or upright, operates in any orientation. My only regret is that I messed around with various oil cans, made different ends and put off the purchase of the Reilang for several years.