• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Off topic posts

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Recently we had a thread going on the forum about a political topic in the off topic content area. The admin’s locked the thread and then deleted the content. Why would we do that when it is in the off topic area? Our motivation is to protect the safe and calm discourse on the forum avoiding topics which could split the membership. Politics is one of those topics. This has destroyed other forums and we don’t want that happening here. The forum is such a great meeting of the minds from across the the country - I’ve learned so much here and made new friends. I try to pay it forward and help people when I can and really appreciate the help I receive. I’m also sorry we may have hurt any feelings - my apologies.

The admin's guidance for members - please avoid topics likely to be controversial.

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
So people..... How do we coax @Chicken lights back to the forum? I for one would miss his posts and travel adventures.
I’m around just been pre-occupied, mostly with trying to match up parts/supplies with where I’m going to be next. It’s like trying to play blindfolded pin the tail on the donkey but the donkey thinks he’s funny and keeps moving. I have parts/supplies waiting for me in North Bay, Saskatoon and Edmonton :D

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I’m around just been pre-occupied, mostly with trying to match up parts/supplies with where I’m going to be next. It’s like trying to play blindfolded pin the tail on the donkey but the donkey thinks he’s funny and keeps moving. I have parts/supplies waiting for me in North Bay, Saskatoon and Edmonton :D

You're heading back to Edmonton?

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
You guys are all wusses. I do that all the time. In good weather!

The problem is that she chews my head off when I tell her she is going the wrong way so I have learned to just let her go whichever way she wants. Sooner or later she gets tired and let's me drive. So ya, 7 hours to drive 2.5 is pretty normal around here.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Farm boys in Saskatchewan:

You can never underestimate the innovativeness of Saskatchewan Farm Boys:

at a high school in the small town of Wadena in Saskatchewan, a group of farm

boy students decided to play a prank. They let three goats run loose inside the

school during school hours. Before turning them loose, they painted numbers

on the sides of the goats: 1, 2 and 4. School Administrators spent most of the

day looking for - - No. 3.

And you thought there was nothing to do in Saskatchewan!

The devil you say!