Obelisk

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
At ~ 6$ per cubic inch for stainless these days, probably need to start a GoFundMe first haha.
How about a more frugal, Hollywood 'faux' approach - a thin veneer skin of SS, but fill it with concrete. That will also make the recovery a little more involved & worthless. Heck you could even drive piles & pour the concrete to encompass.... but new we're getting ahead of ourselves. LOL

Johnwa

Ultra Member
Last night I asked my daughter how to go about starting a conspiracy theory. I’ve got a great one about these obelisks!

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Presenting

DEFIANCE

A sculpture refuting 2020 sickness, and thumbing our nose at busy bodies and zealots who take down sculptures everywhere.

Dedicated to anonymous Utah sculptors - we rebuild stronger & bigger.

monolith 3x24.png monolith 3x24 closeup.png
a
1607198632160.png

Last edited:

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Three budget scenarios.
  1. 3' by 24' stainless sculpture. $25K
  2. 2' by 16' stainless sculpture. $16K
  3. 2' by 16' painted steel sculpture. $6K

1607203502460.png

Attachments

• 1607195656846.png
    1607195656846.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
3 feet wide by 24 feet high.

It's a stainless steel three sided structure with interior structural steel connecting 3 triangles vertically. Corners welded on the outside. Concrete and steel foundation. It's made of three triangles 3' by 8' in sections stacked and connected with interior structure. A crane truck to lift it up and set it on the foundation.

ok
I need
  • a structural engineer to design the interior scaffolding and foundation and stamp the design,
  • a certified welder to make nice and strong welds,
  • a rigger to help erect and bolt the pieces together safely.
  • guys to help fab the parts
  • a place to put it. Vulcan? next to the enterprise? I wouldn't mind my front yard but I don't know what the neighbors would say.
and either $6K, $16K, or $24K.

Last edited:

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Crop circles were SO much easier. Viewable from space and pretty Eco-friendly.
What's with these metal worshiping, hipster, millennial Aliens these days? LOL

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I have some 3" machinable round stainless (like 6 or 7 feet) if anyone needs it for an obelisk. I even though about it a bit but figured out that my obelisk would be stolen rather quickly.

Is stainless really that expensive? I just used up like 15 lbs+ to make some tool holders out of it and a twin pulley.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
See what I mean? Put up something in public and some jerk takes offence and takes it down.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Try 2. I rotated it 90 on my phone and now xenforo won’t rotate it

Attachments

• 13E972A2-AB80-42B8-8733-B0D97E39EBB6.jpeg
    13E972A2-AB80-42B8-8733-B0D97E39EBB6.jpeg
    218.9 KB · Views: 4

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Sideways... Again.

Come on..... it needs to be taller than me (which ain't much) and solid metal so that I can't walk away with it:p

Last edited: