• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Obelisk

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
At ~ 6$ per cubic inch for stainless these days, probably need to start a GoFundMe first haha.
How about a more frugal, Hollywood 'faux' approach - a thin veneer skin of SS, but fill it with concrete. That will also make the recovery a little more involved & worthless. Heck you could even drive piles & pour the concrete to encompass.... but new we're getting ahead of ourselves. LOL

Johnwa

Ultra Member
Last night I asked my daughter how to go about starting a conspiracy theory. I’ve got a great one about these obelisks!

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Presenting

DEFIANCE

A sculpture refuting 2020 sickness, and thumbing our nose at busy bodies and zealots who take down sculptures everywhere.

Dedicated to anonymous Utah sculptors - we rebuild stronger & bigger.

monolith 3x24.png monolith 3x24 closeup.png
a
1607198632160.png

Last edited:

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Three budget scenarios.
  1. 3' by 24' stainless sculpture. $25K
  2. 2' by 16' stainless sculpture. $16K
  3. 2' by 16' painted steel sculpture. $6K

1607203502460.png

Attachments

• 1607195656846.png
    1607195656846.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
3 feet wide by 24 feet high.

It's a stainless steel three sided structure with interior structural steel connecting 3 triangles vertically. Corners welded on the outside. Concrete and steel foundation. It's made of three triangles 3' by 8' in sections stacked and connected with interior structure. A crane truck to lift it up and set it on the foundation.

ok
I need
  • a structural engineer to design the interior scaffolding and foundation and stamp the design,
  • a certified welder to make nice and strong welds,
  • a rigger to help erect and bolt the pieces together safely.
  • guys to help fab the parts
  • a place to put it. Vulcan? next to the enterprise? I wouldn't mind my front yard but I don't know what the neighbors would say.
and either $6K, $16K, or $24K.

Last edited:

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Crop circles were SO much easier. Viewable from space and pretty Eco-friendly.
What's with these metal worshiping, hipster, millennial Aliens these days? LOL

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I have some 3" machinable round stainless (like 6 or 7 feet) if anyone needs it for an obelisk. I even though about it a bit but figured out that my obelisk would be stolen rather quickly.

Is stainless really that expensive? I just used up like 15 lbs+ to make some tool holders out of it and a twin pulley.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
See what I mean? Put up something in public and some jerk takes offence and takes it down.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Try 2. I rotated it 90 on my phone and now xenforo won’t rotate it

Attachments

• 13E972A2-AB80-42B8-8733-B0D97E39EBB6.jpeg
    13E972A2-AB80-42B8-8733-B0D97E39EBB6.jpeg
    218.9 KB · Views: 4

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Sideways... Again.

Come on..... it needs to be taller than me (which ain't much) and solid metal so that I can't walk away with it:p

Last edited: