No tailstock Standard Modern in ON

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Another one with out a tailstock, I guess for some people a tailstock is a consumable item like a file or a piece of sandpaper.

Brent H

Ultra Member
This is the same lathe as we discussed months ago:

https://canadianhobbymetalworkers.com/threads/great-deal-on-a-standard-modern-1334.2856/

Soon after it was bought there was an add in Kijiji looking for a tailstock - LOL

Buddy trying to upsell. @Canadium : Standard Modern parts can be stupid expensive - like beyond reality. A gear can run $300 to $800 or more. I would think the guy bought that lathe for $1500 and then realized that a new tailstock was $2000.......

If you want to build a new tailstock - offer the guy $1000

This is the same lathe as we discussed months ago:

https://canadianhobbymetalworkers.com/threads/great-deal-on-a-standard-modern-1334.2856/

Soon after it was bought there was an add in Kijiji looking for a tailstock - LOL

Buddy trying to upsell. @Canadium : Standard Modern parts can be stupid expensive - like beyond reality. A gear can run $300 to $800 or more. I would think the guy bought that lathe for $1500 and then realized that a new tailstock was $2000.......

If you want to build a new tailstock - offer the guy $1000

Thanks Brent for the redirect! Read the whole other thread. Very interesting!

gerritv

Gerrit
Follow the advice of Stefan Gotteswinter and Robin Renzetti: replace the compound with a block of steel, add an absolute scale to the cross slide and make a holder for drill chuck etc for your QCTP. Neither of them use a tailstock.
Offer this guy $1100 for his lathe, since you know what he paid.

Follow the advice of Stefan Gotteswinter and Robin Renzetti: replace the compound with a block of steel, add an absolute scale to the cross slide and make a holder for drill chuck etc for your QCTP. Neither of them use a tailstock.
Offer this guy $1100 for his lathe, since you know what he paid.

What an interesting idea! I assume the guys you mention are on Youtube?

Crankit

Robin and Stefan are high precision machinists but they normally work with small diameters and short lengths