• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Next lathe?

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I did order an inexpensive set of gear cutters though. I'll soon be able to make any gear I want.
Well not quite....you'll be able to cut any gear within that module what your cutter set cuts. There are so many different modules, DP's, and pressure angles it would get very expensive to own a set to cut every gear. But you probably meant you'll be able to cut any gear you need for your own particular lathe.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
even guys with “a full gearbox” are not SOL if they start adding external change gears to their lathes.

The irony of your point just hit me! I couldn't help but laugh. I wish we could have met at the meet N greet at your place. Then you could appreciate my reply in the spirit in which I say it. Just picture an ugly old man with a totally ridiculous twinkle in his eye!

So basically, those with full gear box lathes can have what the change gear lathes have by adding a set of external change gears........ LOL!

Of course, you would quite rightfully respond with: ya, but how do make a change gear lathe into a full gear box lathe?

And also of course, the answer is ELS!

Yes, you are right. There is always a way!

Too much fun!

But you probably meant you'll be able to cut any gear you need for your own particular lathe.

Yup. Exactly.