• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

New Tool found on eBay

ducdon

Super User
Premium Member
I was trolling eBay and happened on this gem, It's a Kalamazoo Industries No,2915 Drill Grinding attachment. I've seen cheap ones before but not this one. American made, nice castings. Seller claimed it was mill Surplus. Very dirty but a quality bit of kit. I will get it restored and running. Will see better then IMG_20190221_133622[1].jpg

ducdon

Super User
Premium Member
Cool. What does it attach to? What did that thing go for?
I paid about $40 Cdn. We won't talk about shipping. It's heavy. It can be set up with any bench grinder but one with a cupped wheel would be Ideal.
Detail sheet that came with it says November 1968.

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
Can you dress end mills with that thing?
I know of a carbide sharpening shop, i dont know his limits never been inside but its an old shop in bowness that is a labour of love for the gentleman who owns it. You may not find a website either but according to the article in the community newspaper its open still

TOBARApprentice

Super User
Atlas made the exact same attachment. It is for sharpening drill bits and it attaches primarily to a grinder. I got one from ebay as well and the shipping to Canada was a fortune. Funny how you can ship 60 lbs from coast to coast in the US for $12 but ship from Ohio or Michigan to Toronto (1/3 the distance) and the same package would be like $100 or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ducdon

Super User
Premium Member
Got the Kalamazoo Drill Grinding attachment up and working. Converted one of my bench grinder to use a plate mounted grinding wheel. IMG_20190221_133622.jpg IMG_20190510_132011.jpg IMG_20190620_103608.jpg IMG_20190620_122208.jpg IMG_20190620_122056.jpg

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
You can get lighter models of this for around $30 on Amazon. I got one like years ago but never used it yet. They are all based of a 100 year old patent.