• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

New to me Bridgeport Mill

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
It was a sad day this past Friday. Much to tell. I sold my Bridgeport this past winter but had to hold onto it till the spring melt was over (too muddy outside the barn doors). Friday was the day we said goodbye.

Very mixed emotions. I have learned to like it even more as I used both mills. No need to stop one job to do another. But I promised my wife that I would develop a monogamous relationship with only one girl before summer. So she had to go. The mill that is...... So I loaded her up and off we went down the 401 to Toronto. This is her leaving me for another machinist.

20220429_085805.jpg

All safely cribbed and securely tied down so she couldnt jump off the trailer and run back home.

She taught me so much in just a few short months. She will be missed.

On the flip side, the wife never said I couldnt get something else while I was there.

And just like that this stray surface grinder jumped up onto my trailer and followed me home!

Thread 'Another stray machine followed me home.' https://canadianhobbymetalworkers.com/threads/another-stray-machine-followed-me-home.5211/

It was a sad day this past Friday. Much to tell. I sold my Bridgeport this past winter but had to hold onto it till the spring melt was over (too muddy outside the barn doors). Friday was the day we said goodbye.

Very mixed emotions. I have learned to like it even more as I used both mills. No need to stop one job to do another. But I promised my wife that I would develop a monogamous relationship with only one girl before summer. So she had to go. The mill that is...... So I loaded her up and off we went down the 401 to Toronto. This is her leaving me for another machinist.

View attachment 23623

All safely cribbed and securely tied down so she couldnt jump off the trailer and run back home.

She taught me so much in just a few short months. She will be missed.

On the flip side, the wife never said I couldnt get something else while I was there.

And just like that this stray surface grinder jumped up onto my trailer and followed me home!

Thread 'Another stray machine followed me home.' https://canadianhobbymetalworkers.com/threads/another-stray-machine-followed-me-home.5211/
Well done ol' boy........ Slipped the new machine into the spot the last one occupied before you even had to sweep the dust off the floor.
And most importantly, with all our newbies of recent, you sir have set an excellent example of how to expand the shop before before swmbo even knew what happened..... Bravo Sir!!!!

Well done ol' boy........ Slipped the new machine into the spot the last one occupied before you even had to sweep the dust off the floor.
And most importantly, with all our newbies of recent, you sir have set an excellent example of how to expand the shop before before swmbo even knew what happened..... Bravo Sir!!!!
Ok, I just went and read your adventure. Yes sir, a medal you deserve, sounds like the family jewels survived, although, perhaps un-needed for the foreseeable future.:eek:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Ok, I just went and read your adventure. Yes sir, a medal you deserve, sounds like the family jewels survived, although, perhaps un-needed for the foreseeable future.:eek:

Prolly not quite the way that's gunna go....... They are doing triple duty. She views that as required performance to relieve the stress I caused her. And of course, she is wanting that right about the same time I wanna go out to the shop!