New Project - AXA Multifix

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
You can never have too many holders! Just received another three.

I certainly agree......

20231017_142224.jpg

I have another half dozen or so elsewhere too.

This is the only reason I didn't want multifix like yours. Although the multifix is MUCH nicer than my Accusize Aloris Clones, my bride would notice the cash account deficit and I didn't like the possible outcome of that analysis.

thestelster

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I certainly agree......

View attachment 39070

I have another half dozen or so elsewhere too.

This is the only reason I didn't want multifix like yours. Although the multifix is MUCH nicer than my Accusize Aloris Clones, my bride would notice the cash account deficit and I didn't like the possible outcome of that analysis.
I see you're playing around with taper turning with a boring head in the tailstock.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I see you're playing around with taper turning with a boring head in the tailstock.

Always check the background......... LOL!

Actually, I've done it before. But I never liked it. Then again, I never considered using a ball in a cone.

So ya, you caught me with my pants down. What others have said in my thread on taper attachments has me doing some experimenting.

The biggest issue I've encountered is the size of the available balls vs the size of the boring bar shanks in a big enough boring head. The ideal would be a small shank boring bar in a big boring head. That seems to be quite hard to find.

PS - the steel for my grinding adapter arbor landed today......