• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

new Phase II BXA QCTP wedge style - set w/5 holders

Jimbojones

Selling a complete Phase II BXA-size QCTP wedge-type set. Set # 251-222.

Fits 10-15" swing lathe; comes with the following 6 pieces:
(1) Quick change tool post (wedge type...works better than piston for ejecting holders)
(1) BXA holder (201 - flat style)
(1) BXA holder (202 - flat/round style)
(1) boring bar holder with reducing sleeve
(1) parting took holder
(1) knurling tool

Note: QCTP shaft may require adaptation to your lathe e.g. rethread post or keyed base.

These are about the best quality import tool post/holders you can buy without spending mega $$$ on Dorian or Aloris but is entirely compatible.

Price is firm; these are about $500 when you factor in exchange, shipping and tax.
$350

Attachments

• phase_II qctp set.jpg
    phase_II qctp set.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 0

Jimbojones

Thats the reason why I'm not asking double ;) US is selling them @$300USD plus exchange, freight, GST....not sure if anyone has a cheaper price than I've posted for this exact set and found them to be a good mid-quality tool (kept a set for myself).

I did compare to a few other import brands and found the fit, finish and details e.g better/larger set screws a touch better than Accusize, generic, etc. KBC is asking $450+GST for their generic set.

Last edited:

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Thats the reason why I'm not asking double ;) US is selling them @$300USD plus exchange, freight, GST....not sure if anyone has a cheaper price than I've posted for this exact set and found them to be a good mid-quality tool (kept a set for myself).

I did compare to a few other import brands and found the fit, finish and details e.g better/larger set screws a touch better than Accusize, generic, etc. KBC is asking $450+GST for their generic set.
It's good to have someone verify the quality like that because I know first hand that some of the uber-cheap sets out there are less than stellar. I have a set that I think must have been rejects or seconds.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
It's good to have someone verify the quality like that because I know first hand that some of the uber-cheap sets out there are less than stellar. I have a set that I think must have been rejects or seconds.

I used to have Boxstar BXA set - its around $250 or so with shipping - it was OK - wedge set. I never compared it to Aloris set through so I don't know what exactly is premium.