• Guest, Help us understand what we can do better in future. Click Here!

new Phase II BXA QCTP wedge style - set w/5 holders

Jimbojones

Selling a complete Phase II BXA-size QCTP wedge-type set. Set # 251-222.

Fits 10-15" swing lathe; comes with the following 6 pieces:
(1) Quick change tool post (wedge type...works better than piston for ejecting holders)
(1) BXA holder (201 - flat style)
(1) BXA holder (202 - flat/round style)
(1) boring bar holder with reducing sleeve
(1) parting took holder
(1) knurling tool

Note: QCTP shaft may require adaptation to your lathe e.g. rethread post or keyed base.

These are about the best quality import tool post/holders you can buy without spending mega $$$ on Dorian or Aloris but is entirely compatible.

Price is firm; these are about $500 when you factor in exchange, shipping and tax.
$350

Attachments

Jimbojones

Thats the reason why I'm not asking double ;) US is selling them @$300USD plus exchange, freight, GST....not sure if anyone has a cheaper price than I've posted for this exact set and found them to be a good mid-quality tool (kept a set for myself).

I did compare to a few other import brands and found the fit, finish and details e.g better/larger set screws a touch better than Accusize, generic, etc. KBC is asking $450+GST for their generic set.

Last edited:

DPittman

Thats the reason why I'm not asking double ;) US is selling them @$300USD plus exchange, freight, GST....not sure if anyone has a cheaper price than I've posted for this exact set and found them to be a good mid-quality tool (kept a set for myself).

I did compare to a few other import brands and found the fit, finish and details e.g better/larger set screws a touch better than Accusize, generic, etc. KBC is asking $450+GST for their generic set.
It's good to have someone verify the quality like that because I know first hand that some of the uber-cheap sets out there are less than stellar. I have a set that I think must have been rejects or seconds.

Tom Kitta

It's good to have someone verify the quality like that because I know first hand that some of the uber-cheap sets out there are less than stellar. I have a set that I think must have been rejects or seconds.
I used to have Boxstar BXA set - its around $250 or so with shipping - it was OK - wedge set. I never compared it to Aloris set through so I don't know what exactly is premium.