• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

New Member in Central Alberta

David Henry

Hi fellow metal workers, I've been visiting this forum off and on for a while now and figured I would join up and bolster the ranks. I hope to be getting some help over the Christmas season so I can figure how to post pictures of my shop tools which include. Monarch 10EE lathe, Logan 14 x 40 lathe, MT 5hp mill with 10x50 table, Elliot Sturdi Mill, Shop built gun stock duplicator and a Shop built deep hole drill and rifleing machine plus the usual assortment of drill presses and other related schrapnel etc. Cheers, David.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome David. Sounds like you owe us about 100 pictures based on your intro! LOL

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Hi David - any pics of machining screw-ups are particularly appreciated in my case LOL. I'm more on the fabrication side and while I do own a lathe and small mill...I suck at using them properly.

Welcome aboard :)

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Two machines I don’t know. Picture 2 and 5. Is 2 some sort of duplicator - lots of gun stocks. What do you make David? Oh I see your description- 5 must be the shop built deep hole drill. I’d love to see more pictures of that and how it works. Do you spin the drill and the stock?

David Henry

The picture of the stock duplicator is based on the design of the Don Allen machine (1980's) which I think is a similar to the Hoenig (sp) pantograph which has been copied to death in one form or another. And in the case of the deep hole drill the stock spins and the drill remains stationary except for its forward motion while under power. David.

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Hi David, very nice set-up you have there. I would guess you have been doing this for quite a while... Welcome!

David Henry

Yes I have been at this for quite a while now and plan to change course in about 2 years, which means that it will be. and regretfully I must say sold. Its time for some younger enthusiast to take the helm and continue with the gunsmithing.