• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

New guy from Sherwood park

Jyman

Hey everyone,

I'm new here and I'm from Sherwood park, which is just east of edmonton for the people down south. I have a mill (6x26 table) and lathe (10x18) and a bandsaw (5x6 cutting area) and a mig welder. And mostly I make little engines other little oddball items.

Jon

Jyman

Hey guys thanks for the warm welcome, I like all kinds of engines, anything from a steam engine or hit & miss model engines all the way up to the big V8's. Right now I'm building a hit & miss model engine and building a hotrod truck. What's the best way to post pictures on the site?

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Hey @Jyman,

With regard to images.

Currently the simplest method is to host the image on dedicated file hosts, anything that lets you upload the pic. I personally have been using imgur.com, Facebook should work too.

We looking into dedicated file hosting on this forum but it quickly adds up to us needing a larger hosting environment (more storage space on the web server)

I've been paying all the costs for the site out of pocket, so have not been too keen to increase the monthly fees at this time.

I know there are some "infinite storage" hosting environments, but the costs monthly were higher than the (work employee discount) current costs.

I'm out of town at the moment, but will look into the issue again early next week and see if I can come up with anything.

JW

EricB

I'm a fan of using Facebook. Can post straight from my phone, then link to here.

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk