• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

New benchtop bandsaw

Brian H

Super User
So I got tired of standing in front of my porta-band(on a shop built stand) cutting bigger stock so I purchased this bandsaw. Due to space limitations in my little shop, I needed something that would sit on my bench. What an absolute gem this is. It uses the same blades as my porta-band and with a bit of adjustment it cuts dead square! It has auto feed and auto shut off And can be removed from the stand and be used portable.

Attachments

• 20240319_174450.jpg
    20240319_174450.jpg
    573 KB · Views: 22

Brian H

Super User
The only drawback so far is the clamping mechanism (vise) is so far from the blade you can't cut smaller length pieces. I'm thinking about how to modify that going forward.