• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

myford lathe with accessories

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
$1200, Toronto

250384050_10158549939432894_2222003960001225478_n.jpg

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I often think I spent too much on my mill drill, but then again I got several thousand dollars worth of accessories with it. You are right, gotta look at the big picture. But if those accessories are not things you need/want, a great deal is still a bad deal - unless you can sell them!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
@Tom Kitta is right about the life of ads for stuff like this. I'm too much of an old lady on such things. I dither around way too much and lose out regularly.

I got so frustrated trying to find and buy a decent knee mill that I ended up buying 2. That didn't turn out so bad though cuz I got to choose which one I liked best and I'll be selling the other as soon as it gets cleaned up and painted. Such is life I guess.

gmihovics

Garrett
I agree, when I saw the ad I knew that was pretty much my moment, I had to decide. Luckily I knew I would be sleeping outside if I bought it so with the cold rainy weather I chose to pass.

Have to save up that good will for when I nice mill pops up.

darrin1200

Darrin
@Tom Kitta is right about the life of ads for stuff like this. I'm too much of an old lady on such things. I dither around way too much and lose out regularly.

I got so frustrated trying to find and buy a decent knee mill that I ended up buying 2. That didn't turn out so bad though cuz I got to choose which one I liked best and I'll be selling the other as soon as it gets cleaned up and painted. Such is life I guess.
@Susquatch Did you buy that pair of Craftex mills in Oshawa, that was discussed in the other thread?

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
@Susquatch Did you buy that pair of Craftex mills in Oshawa, that was discussed in the other thread?

No. I wasn't interested in them for myself. I was only trying to help other members and probably overstepped both my knowledge and my experience in the matter in the process. I think it all came out ok though.

I have a nice old Beaver drill press with a Quill in bearings for side loads, a fairly decent round column mill/drill that does everything except speak a known global language (it has 11 units per turn on the hand wheel dials), and two knee mills (Hartford Step Pulley Bridgeport Clone & Bridgeport VariDrive), two lathes (a nice modern one and an antique), and a plethora of other stuff I have collected over the years.

The only Busybee machine I own is low speed grinder I use for sharpening tools.