(Craig)
Premium Member
$1200, Toronto

250384050_10158549939432894_2222003960001225478_n.jpg

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I often think I spent too much on my mill drill, but then again I got several thousand dollars worth of accessories with it. You are right, gotta look at the big picture. But if those accessories are not things you need/want, a great deal is still a bad deal - unless you can sell them!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
@Tom Kitta is right about the life of ads for stuff like this. I'm too much of an old lady on such things. I dither around way too much and lose out regularly.

I got so frustrated trying to find and buy a decent knee mill that I ended up buying 2. That didn't turn out so bad though cuz I got to choose which one I liked best and I'll be selling the other as soon as it gets cleaned up and painted. Such is life I guess.

gmihovics

Garrett
I agree, when I saw the ad I knew that was pretty much my moment, I had to decide. Luckily I knew I would be sleeping outside if I bought it so with the cold rainy weather I chose to pass.

Have to save up that good will for when I nice mill pops up.

darrin1200

Darrin
@Tom Kitta is right about the life of ads for stuff like this. I'm too much of an old lady on such things. I dither around way too much and lose out regularly.

I got so frustrated trying to find and buy a decent knee mill that I ended up buying 2. That didn't turn out so bad though cuz I got to choose which one I liked best and I'll be selling the other as soon as it gets cleaned up and painted. Such is life I guess.
@Susquatch Did you buy that pair of Craftex mills in Oshawa, that was discussed in the other thread?

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
@Susquatch Did you buy that pair of Craftex mills in Oshawa, that was discussed in the other thread?

No. I wasn't interested in them for myself. I was only trying to help other members and probably overstepped both my knowledge and my experience in the matter in the process. I think it all came out ok though.

I have a nice old Beaver drill press with a Quill in bearings for side loads, a fairly decent round column mill/drill that does everything except speak a known global language (it has 11 units per turn on the hand wheel dials), and two knee mills (Hartford Step Pulley Bridgeport Clone & Bridgeport VariDrive), two lathes (a nice modern one and an antique), and a plethora of other stuff I have collected over the years.

The only Busybee machine I own is low speed grinder I use for sharpening tools.