My 8mm tap plan.... Some pre-xmas fun.

Tecnico

(Dave)
All I can say is WOW, thanks guys! This has been a lot of fun for me and I hope you have found some enjoyment in one of my hair-brained ideas of keeping some useful tools from getting tossed in the scrap bin.

That’s an interesting collection of goodies, a few that I can’t place. That’s one serious big paper clip! Very cool mug too.

Beside the mug, is that a triangular lump of coal? Below the triangular shape, what’s in the box and what are the white things in the bag to the left or is this a test? ;) What is the black & red thing beside the hockey puck.

Thanks for the fun!

Cute pups!

D :cool:

The triangular piece is cast iron.... As a reminder that even when we are careful, bad things happen.
The box contains wrought head decor nails.
The red and black object beside the puck is a magnetic indicator holder, and below is a speed wrench.
The white bag contains a felt kit for rebuilding a South Bend 10k.... 17034859051591079820065411077801.jpg
The back side of the mug....

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I like dogs, I can play with them and can enjoy being around them but I just don't have the gene to want and look after one.

Pulled up beside a jacked up 4x4 a while back and in the passengers seat with the window down was a big pit of some sort, wearing a bandanna, mirror sunglasses and had his arm up on the window ledge just cruisin with dad, the only thing missing was a smoke. lol

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
......heck man, these are German Shepherds, they practically look after themselves.......:rolleyes:
Absolutely nothing wrong with not wanting a dog. Some people had a bad experience with a dog. When I was running the kennel I had a neighbour who refused to get out of his truck on my property because he had been attacked by a dog as a kid. Great guy and would drop what he was doing to come help for anything except if he was close to the kennel building. Some people don't want the responsibility, mess, work, noise, hair, vet bills, repair bills, need for constant attention, smell, being tied down.............where was I going with this?
Oh, right.
But someone who doesn't like dogs is broken. I don't have kids for all of the above reasons. But I still like them in small doses when I can give them back to Mom and Dad at a moments notice.

jorogi

Some how I missed the little guys, they're great. We had a litter in July and it took a while find homes for them all. In the end they all went to great homes but the last one was hard to send off. We still have one from the litter before and she is one in a lifetime. When she was six weeks old she would walk in through the front door and sit on my feet. I'd take her back out to the run and put her back in with her siblings, 5 minutes later she's back on my feet. After putting her back a few times I hid and watched to see where her hole in the fence was. No holes, she was climbing the fence and then running straight into the house.

This is her in the cold snap a month ago, she dragged a hose out and chased it for half an hour, having a blast. Had to knock a lot of ice off her for the pic.

Attachments

• 20240112_135815.jpg
    20240112_135815.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 11

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Some how I missed the little guys, they're great. We had a litter in July and it took a while find homes for them all. In the end they all went to great homes but the last one was hard to send off. We still have one from the litter before and she is one in a lifetime. When she was six weeks old she would walk in through the front door and sit on my feet. I'd take her back out to the run and put her back in with her siblings, 5 minutes later she's back on my feet. After putting her back a few times I hid and watched to see where her hole in the fence was. No holes, she was climbing the fence and then running straight into the house.

This is her in the cold snap a month ago, she dragged a hose out and chased it for half an hour, having a blast. Had to knock a lot of ice off her for the pic.
That one "smells of character" quoting my wife.

Doggggboy

Ultra Member

Smart dogs need jobs or they become self employed.
Nobody wants that.