My 8mm tap plan.... Some pre-xmas fun.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Smart dogs need jobs or they become self employed.
Nobody wants that.

Now that right there is the voice of experience. I believe that too. I've had versatile gun dogs most of my life and the only ones I didn't like were the ones I didn't put to work. A well trained working dog is a treasure to live with.

Ya, the ones I didn't like were my own damn fault.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
My bride says you guys are all as sick as her hubby. But she is laughing.......

The oven mitt needed explaining, but I wish you could have seen her face when I explained what a trained tap holder was......

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Hmm, i wonder if she knows what a sail kitty is?:)

I doubt it.

My bride is a seamstress. Before we got married she made me a surprise suit as a gift for an ethnic celebration she had asked me to. The crotch was down to my knees. I had to tell her that she was in for a huge disappointment on our wedding night. She was and still is pretty naive about all such things. Even our kids laugh at what she doesn't know. It's a blessing I think.

Tom O

Ultra Member
Ah yes I can remember dear old Dad telling Mom
“ Don’t be stupid woman! “
apparently that is acceptable after more than 50 years of marriage.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Thanks Don, the taps work!
I bought a sanding disc set for my grinder but it's got a 5/8 -11 thread shaft and it came with an arbour for a drill. My grinder, Dad's old 5" Metabo, happens to have a 1.25-8mm shaft so no problem, cut the drill shank off the 5/8 arbour part, clean it up on the lathe, drill and tap and now I have an adaptor for the grinder. So nice to have tools to make tools. lol

1708286264286.jpeg 1708286290875.jpeg
1708286342570.jpeg