• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Missing Images....

This appears to have happened after the recent import image file size problem was solved. Is anyone looking into this issue?

Yes. It was first noticed earlier today and is under investigation by the server guys.

I think you are right about the timing. All of my old images have disappeared too.

No word yet.

Some images are not coming up, loading, for me too. That's other people's, I mean.
Also can not reply to posts when logged in on my I-pad or much else. I am using my phone to reply, (Android, Samsung).
So none of @BaitMaster,s, come up on the "Quad frame cracking" posts on the I-pad, but do on the phone. Could be a problem with my I-pad not sure.

@Susquatch, the 2 images show on my phone, but not the I-pad. Does not seem to matter if logged in or not, on the I-pad.
When logged in on I-pad, there is no place to type a reply when hitting reply on a post, just has a "Attach files box", and 2 option boxes with "Watch this thread," and a "and receive email notifications".

Last edited:
I regularly use my iPhone 14+ (iOS 17.6.1) or my 2020 M1 MacBook Air (Sonoma 14.6.1), both via Safari to access the site. Out of curiosity I logged in on this iPad (2017, 5th Gen, running iOS 16.7.9) and can see all of @BaitMaster ’s photos and @Susquatch ’s test images. Like others, most (but not all - see this post) of my older images are not visible.

The referenced post was made on my MBA, with the unvisible images resized using the “handle;” the visible image is full-size. Hopefully this will help in the investigation

Last edited:
At the top of the screen, where has the Home, Forums, What's new line, that is not complete, Account only has the A and part of the c, the rest covered by my message?? bar which is also missing the lightening emblem, does have the capital B, the envelope, and the bell, in the same dark brown short bar.
This may not be related to the picture thing.
It a mystery to me, as are many things.

I have an iPhone 11, if that helps anyone. All the pictures I post are taken on that phone and posted on the phone.

I also can see them on my windows computer if I log in there.

Just to be clear here, our server guys recently updated the forum software. We are now running the latest version of Xenforo.

I would fully expect a range of issues to arise. The missing older photos is prolly just one of them. Furthermore, I suspect this isn't really a forum issue. It might relate to the upload photos fix that did come with the update. Server guys are always trying to find ways to save server space. That's, where the 2Mb limit came from in the first place.

It sounds like there are other issues too though.

The missing menus is a brand new issue - at least it is to me. I don't have that problem. I think it should be treated separately.

Anyway, keep reporting problems, we will get through most of them in time.

I sure hope not. I'm certain they still exist. The issue will be linking them to the right posts.

They are investigating now.
I have copies of “most” of the photos I post, but even so it would be an effort to reload them. If they can’t be re-matched easily I suggest a sticky notification be posted to the effect “Please PM the original poster, referencing the post if photos do not display properly and ask that they reload the photo(s).” A little cumbersome, but better than nothing.

I have copies of “most” of the photos I post, but even so it would be an effort to reload them. If they can’t be re-matched easily I suggest a sticky notification be posted to the effect “Please PM the original poster, referencing the post if photos do not display properly and ask that they reload the photo(s).” A little cumbersome, but better than nothing.
Problem is that often I just paste the photo into the text and don't bother creating a local jpg thinking that if I do want to see it I just go into the history of my postings and grab it from there. So not all photos can be reposted. Especially since many of them on the old messages with missing photos are marked #1, #2 etc.

I can't predict what will come of this. I did just learn that it is actually related to the forum software upgrade so I've passed that on. That also means that the odds of recovering the image links are actually quite high but might take some time.

I suggest a sticky notification be posted to the effect “Please PM the original poster, referencing the post if photos do not display properly and ask that they reload the photo(s).” A little cumbersome, but better than nothing.

This is a good idea if it comes to that but I'm hopeful otherwise.

All my photos are still on my phone and backed up on my file servers. As @jcdammeyer points out, that might not be true for everyone.

Back