• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Mini Mill 3-axis DRO for $200

chip4charlie

KBC has iGaging DRO Plus on sale til end of March. According to Yuri at Touch DRO, the cheaper iGaging DROs are to be avoided, while the "Plus" versions are much better (better EMI rejection, faster refresh rate). LMS concurs: "These units are significantly more robust than other inexpensive scales that are available. There are no batteries in the scale units, and the scale units are permanently wired. No square rubber plugs to cause issues." (https://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=5012&category=).

I have installed X and Y so far, and indeed they are rock solid with no EMI interference. KBC has the cheapest prices anywhere; a 6" (Y) is $58.52 and the 12" are $73.16 each (X & Z). Subtract the $20 coupon good til Sunday night and the three scales for a mini mill are $184.84 (before taxes and shipping). 62C3A807-019D-42F3-9939-C26DB08D4C43.jpeg

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Man their shipping just kills
$25 for two scales, $30 if my address is residential

Rauce

Ultra Member
How is the accuracy?

I was thinking 12 & 24” for a two axis set up on my mill but specs don’t seem very impressive.

chip4charlie

Agreed, at longer distances (24") accuracy is 8 thou. But, hey, $200? C'mon.

Best suited for mini mills with short travels, plus such machines are wet noodles anyways - I'll be lucky if I get 5 thou out of my 100 pound machine. So ideal for mini mills and lathes. And such machines don't have the room for bulkier glass scales.

But then again, only $200...

BTW, magnetic scales - easy peasy to cut to length.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Mine will go on my lathe, mostly concerned about the cross slide. Will see how it goes.

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
I think I will go in and talk to Raj at KBC on Kennedy Drive.
For $200 . . , would be a set to play with.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Well, Fedex has already picked up my package. Supposed to be here tomorrow!