• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Milling machine - $1000 - Calgary, ab

Tincup

I called, but quite a journey from Grande Prairie. Just a shot in the dark for help, I didn't expect a reply with it being the weekend and all other things in life. After talking to the fella he said I should look at it and not buy sight unseen (which I don't think I would do anyway) so I think I will pass.
Thanks for your reply and input though,

Tincup

Yup, that's the way it goes sometimes, but in reality it would be difficult for you or others to review unless it was convenient.
Thanks for your thoughts on it.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
daac8d17-165b-4318-882c-f2bc55071a79

Tincup

I guess I'll have a road trip Monday, my first mill, any major concerns I should have. Realizing it is an older machine.
And thanks for the assistance.

Jswain

Joe
Looks like the seller does machining work on the side on Kijiji so he's probably going to be fairly knowledgeable, ask him lots of questions & get him to demonstrate it working.

Judging by the mint looking lathe he has, you can hope that he takes care of his equipment. Make sure the handwheels all move smoothly and the gibs/locks aren't cranked tight to take up play in the table.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member