Metric Quill Stop

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Does anyone have a source for a M12 x 1 quill stop? All I get from my net search is 1/2 x 20 thread. My KBC mill for what ever reason uses this thread for the quill stop. I may have to buy a nut or a tap and make one.
Thanks

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I've been to all the usual tool stores,KMS/KBC/BB/Grizzly/McMC/LMS/Google. They have nothing listed but I haven't contacted them directly.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
How did you arrive at M12-1? What's special about it that makes it a quill stop?

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Ah,I see.

Typical frustrating Ali specs. Dimensions to practically meaningless features. No thread details.

Attachments

• SNAG-1-8-2021 0000.jpg
    SNAG-1-8-2021 0000.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 3

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Yes no details - probably sold by the same place that sells perfumes or gloves. There are plenty of others through so I am sure something can be found.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I've never seen one in real life but I think there is a tension spring inside between those 2 posts?
M12x1 tap doesn't seem to be quite as common as coarser M12, threads but they are out there.
Unfortunately 0.5" dia is just a bit too big (12.7mm), would have been nice if you could just drill & re-tap

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Thanks Johnwa, but its YotaBota that is looking for a metric mill clamp like the ones shown, not me. Or else he may have to make one (hence the M12x1 tap).

Last edited:

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
That's okay Johnwa, my wife doesn't listen to me either, lol.
If we were closer I'd take you up on your tap offer. I have a block of aluminium so I think I'll buy a tap and have a go at making one.
If anyone has a stop with stripped threads or is just unneeded I'll pay the postage if you want to unload it.
Thanks all.