• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Metric Quill Stop

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Does anyone have a source for a M12 x 1 quill stop? All I get from my net search is 1/2 x 20 thread. My KBC mill for what ever reason uses this thread for the quill stop. I may have to buy a nut or a tap and make one.
Thanks

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I've been to all the usual tool stores,KMS/KBC/BB/Grizzly/McMC/LMS/Google. They have nothing listed but I haven't contacted them directly.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
How did you arrive at M12-1? What's special about it that makes it a quill stop?

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Ah,I see.

Typical frustrating Ali specs. Dimensions to practically meaningless features. No thread details.

Attachments

• SNAG-1-8-2021 0000.jpg
    SNAG-1-8-2021 0000.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 3

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Yes no details - probably sold by the same place that sells perfumes or gloves. There are plenty of others through so I am sure something can be found.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I've never seen one in real life but I think there is a tension spring inside between those 2 posts?
M12x1 tap doesn't seem to be quite as common as coarser M12, threads but they are out there.
Unfortunately 0.5" dia is just a bit too big (12.7mm), would have been nice if you could just drill & re-tap

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Thanks Johnwa, but its YotaBota that is looking for a metric mill clamp like the ones shown, not me. Or else he may have to make one (hence the M12x1 tap).

Last edited:

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
That's okay Johnwa, my wife doesn't listen to me either, lol.
If we were closer I'd take you up on your tap offer. I have a block of aluminium so I think I'll buy a tap and have a go at making one.
If anyone has a stop with stripped threads or is just unneeded I'll pay the postage if you want to unload it.
Thanks all.