• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Metal Lathe $7500 Cambridge, ON

Not sure its a deal, but a cool old lathe nonetheless, unsure of brand.

Large metal lathe. This machine is accurate and ready to go. We also have other metal equipment that we are selling. It is a whole metal shop that is being sold. Contact for more information.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...place_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks

376990233_10096005140440841_6068997969515690845_n.jpg

cannuck

Not sure its a deal, but a cool old lathe nonetheless, unsure of brand.

Large metal lathe. This machine is accurate and ready to go. We also have other metal equipment that we are selling. It is a whole metal shop that is being sold. Contact for more information.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...place_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks
'LARGE" is not a size. You will get a lot more interest by finding the brand name, swing over the bed, swing over the cross slide, gap or not, distance between centers, electric voltage, motor HP, chuck size, other tooling included, and on it goes. When you say "accurate" what do you mean? HOW accurate from what measurements?

Looks as if it has lived a fairly hard life and I would be very surprised anyone would be in that price range unless it has a bunch of decent tooling.

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I would agree - and it's never a good sign when the only two pictures are from 10' away and half the machine is covered by a tarp.

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
That lathe looks a tad ‘neglected’.
A decent machine that is looked after is cleaned occasionally !!
I think the ‘original chips’ are still in the tray.

Swing ?
Bed Length ?
Motor size ?
Electrics ?

I think someone is just scoping it out what they can get for it.