METAL BANDSAW, $350, Taber, AB

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Mine has one two that screws in place of the small guide. Also thick sheet metal but certainly no T slot.
Neither PA nor KMS show the auxiliary table for vertical use.

That is wrong band saw - its 7 x 10 in your link, the correct one is -

"Vertical and horizontal cutting capabilities. "

KMS one is
"Includes table for vertical cutting"

As many others have mentioned, included table is junk. When I sold my BS I actually forgot to give it to the new owner - but no loss, it was just flimsy sheet metal.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
As many others have mentioned, included table is junk. When I sold my BS I actually forgot to give it to the new owner - but no loss, it was just flimsy sheet metal.

Sadly, I have one of those with the flimsy sheet metal table. I'd like to make a new table out of 3/8 or even 1/2 plate aluminium.

But I don't like the tiny screw's that hold it in place.

Did you make a better support system too?

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Sadly, I have one of those with the flimsy sheet metal table. I'd like to make a new table out of 3/8 or even 1/2 plate aluminum.

One setup I saw, I think from Mark Winquist of Winky's Workshop had a base that clamped into the saw vise with an attached table.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
One setup I saw, I think from Mark Winquist of Winky's Workshop had a base that clamped into the saw vise with an attached table.

I'll look for it. But my instincts are not happy. The vise on mine is miles from where a table would go. Vise is used in horizontal mode - table is vertical mode.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Sadly, I have one of those with the flimsy sheet metal table. I'd like to make a new table out of 3/8 or even 1/2 plate aluminium.

No managed to sell it before I did any changes.

I actually just picked up a small portable bandsaw for cutting small stuff - and it feels like it can do almost anything this machine can do. It has a bit smaller cut range at around 3.5 -- 4". Strange BS length of 52.5 in.

Johnwa

Ultra Member
My table is a 3”x3” piece of ⅛” aluminum. It’s small enough that I can leave it in place. It is moderately useful.

Jswain

Joe
I used 3/16 or 1/4 steel plate and made it as big as possible that it can stay on when using it normally. The two screws hold it in place fine.

I like his cooling setup