• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

METAL BANDSAW, $350, Taber, AB

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Mine has one two that screws in place of the small guide. Also thick sheet metal but certainly no T slot.
Neither PA nor KMS show the auxiliary table for vertical use.

That is wrong band saw - its 7 x 10 in your link, the correct one is -

"Vertical and horizontal cutting capabilities. "

KMS one is
"Includes table for vertical cutting"

As many others have mentioned, included table is junk. When I sold my BS I actually forgot to give it to the new owner - but no loss, it was just flimsy sheet metal.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
As many others have mentioned, included table is junk. When I sold my BS I actually forgot to give it to the new owner - but no loss, it was just flimsy sheet metal.

Sadly, I have one of those with the flimsy sheet metal table. I'd like to make a new table out of 3/8 or even 1/2 plate aluminium.

But I don't like the tiny screw's that hold it in place.

Did you make a better support system too?

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Sadly, I have one of those with the flimsy sheet metal table. I'd like to make a new table out of 3/8 or even 1/2 plate aluminum.

One setup I saw, I think from Mark Winquist of Winky's Workshop had a base that clamped into the saw vise with an attached table.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
One setup I saw, I think from Mark Winquist of Winky's Workshop had a base that clamped into the saw vise with an attached table.

I'll look for it. But my instincts are not happy. The vise on mine is miles from where a table would go. Vise is used in horizontal mode - table is vertical mode.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Sadly, I have one of those with the flimsy sheet metal table. I'd like to make a new table out of 3/8 or even 1/2 plate aluminium.

No managed to sell it before I did any changes.

I actually just picked up a small portable bandsaw for cutting small stuff - and it feels like it can do almost anything this machine can do. It has a bit smaller cut range at around 3.5 -- 4". Strange BS length of 52.5 in.

Johnwa

Ultra Member
My table is a 3”x3” piece of ⅛” aluminum. It’s small enough that I can leave it in place. It is moderately useful.

Jswain

Joe
I used 3/16 or 1/4 steel plate and made it as big as possible that it can stay on when using it normally. The two screws hold it in place fine.

I like his cooling setup