• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Meetup Sunday Nov - EDIT -> NOW NOV 17 2019

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Forum members we need some help.

We're trying to plan a meetup Sunday Nov 24 - maybe at noon. It's hard to locate a location! The library books up well in advance. We thought central library but nothing available till January. Alex suggested maybe a pub or microbrewery?

Anybody got a good idea?

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Forum members we need some help.

We're trying to plan a meetup Sunday Nov 24 - maybe at noon. It's hard to locate a location! The library books up well in advance. We thought central library but nothing available till January. Alex suggested maybe a pub or microbrewery?

Anybody got a good idea?

Cabela's and Bass Pro have meeting rooms that are available to the public. I don't know if a fee is involved. I'll check Bass Pro tomorrow and find out what's what.

Craig

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
The Denny's at McKnight Blvd has a separate meeting room, that has a glass wall ans is bookable. I don't think it is for a fee - Their daytime staff does the bookings so I'll find out the details tomorrow morning.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Meetup at Tim's scheduled for Nov 17 Sunday 10-12PM.
The tims on 58ave se just one block west of Blackfoot Tr. there is another one at the shell at chinook centre NOT that one.

Last edited:

eotrfish

Super User
Seems like a good place to give away some oil. I've got a 5gal pail of Shell Tonna-T68 way oil that I'm willing to share - bring your own container.

historicalarms

Ultra Member
I have tentatively got the "trail boss" headed to Calgary for the weekend so am hopeful to finally be able to attend a get-together...not written in stone yet.

Last Jan I participated in a thread concerning large milling & lathe machines. Some interest was indicated for a meeting at this shop and I was finally able to stop & see him a couple weeks ago and met with a "less than optimistic" response to having a group visit him (for the same reason the Teck School didn't go, Liabilities & insurance being a problem). However, I was able to take a few photo's you folks might find interesting for a topic of discussion...Mill with a head travel of 30 ft or more in one direction and 12 or so in another, or a Lathe with a 8 ft chuck-40 ft bed-tailstock has a housing as large as a big garden shed-a "carriage" that the lathe operator rides on & operates from a chair-a work piece sitting on the floor waiting to be installed that weighs in at 39 tons I was told, another mill with a 15 ft dia. rotary table type of stuff.

As I'm not sure to be attending yet, if someone want the photo's texted to them to transfer to a thumb drive so they could be shown on a lap top, P.M. me a phone # and I will text them to you with a bit of a write-up explanation.