Meetup Sunday Nov - EDIT -> NOW NOV 17 2019

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Forum members we need some help.

We're trying to plan a meetup Sunday Nov 24 - maybe at noon. It's hard to locate a location! The library books up well in advance. We thought central library but nothing available till January. Alex suggested maybe a pub or microbrewery?

Anybody got a good idea?

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Forum members we need some help.

We're trying to plan a meetup Sunday Nov 24 - maybe at noon. It's hard to locate a location! The library books up well in advance. We thought central library but nothing available till January. Alex suggested maybe a pub or microbrewery?

Anybody got a good idea?

Cabela's and Bass Pro have meeting rooms that are available to the public. I don't know if a fee is involved. I'll check Bass Pro tomorrow and find out what's what.

Craig

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
The Denny's at McKnight Blvd has a separate meeting room, that has a glass wall ans is bookable. I don't think it is for a fee - Their daytime staff does the bookings so I'll find out the details tomorrow morning.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Meetup at Tim's scheduled for Nov 17 Sunday 10-12PM.
The tims on 58ave se just one block west of Blackfoot Tr. there is another one at the shell at chinook centre NOT that one.

Last edited:

eotrfish

Super User
Seems like a good place to give away some oil. I've got a 5gal pail of Shell Tonna-T68 way oil that I'm willing to share - bring your own container.

historicalarms

Ultra Member
I have tentatively got the "trail boss" headed to Calgary for the weekend so am hopeful to finally be able to attend a get-together...not written in stone yet.

Last Jan I participated in a thread concerning large milling & lathe machines. Some interest was indicated for a meeting at this shop and I was finally able to stop & see him a couple weeks ago and met with a "less than optimistic" response to having a group visit him (for the same reason the Teck School didn't go, Liabilities & insurance being a problem). However, I was able to take a few photo's you folks might find interesting for a topic of discussion...Mill with a head travel of 30 ft or more in one direction and 12 or so in another, or a Lathe with a 8 ft chuck-40 ft bed-tailstock has a housing as large as a big garden shed-a "carriage" that the lathe operator rides on & operates from a chair-a work piece sitting on the floor waiting to be installed that weighs in at 39 tons I was told, another mill with a 15 ft dia. rotary table type of stuff.

As I'm not sure to be attending yet, if someone want the photo's texted to them to transfer to a thumb drive so they could be shown on a lap top, P.M. me a phone # and I will text them to you with a bit of a write-up explanation.