• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Maximat V10 Lathe ?$ Surrey BC

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member

has milling attachment

IMG_6513.png

Attachments

• IMG_6512.png
    IMG_6512.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6514.png
    IMG_6514.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 14

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
The seller is keen to move this machine. Lower mainland folks could get a good deal here!

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Good info from lathes.uk
Shared between the various Maximat Models - 7, 8 and 10 - the headstock appears to be internally almost identical with a mixture of steel and fibre gears and lubrication by oil splash giving it a reputation for quiet running and reliability. However, it will not take foolish handling and trying to move the selector levers before the shafts have completely stopped leads to the main spindle fibre gear being eaten away on one side - and eventual failure of the two lightly-constructed alloy (ZAMAK) selector forks. It is also not unknown for the selectors to fail with age and, as these are now unobtainable from the makers, improved versions in bronze are available - email for details. Before buying one of these lathes take off the headstock cover plate and have a good look inside.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
For 1500 this is a good deal - I know these go for much more in AB.

Heck for similar money we have some Chinese stuff go on auction today - but smaller.

r-sim

I had to tell myself No More Lathes on this one. It's so conveniently sized for my home office!

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
No info on tooling/what comes with it. Think Mr. Vendor, think!

If there was a decent compliment of stuff, I think that would be high threes or more here, maybe more given the excellent housekeeping. It does have some special features though letting it do kneeling and deformation.

Last edited:

historicalarms

Ultra Member
For that kind of money, I'd prob buy the thing just to get that gear driven mill and jury-rig it onto my mill-drill table, then flip the lathe.

VicHobbyGuy

Ultra Member
If you've communicated via Messenger on the item you can rate them.
Too bad there are no ratings for idiot FB prospective buyers! I am not talking about this situation with Whydontu, but referring to my experiences selling on FB Marketplace. The playing field is tilted a lot in favour of buyers.