Maximat V10 Lathe ?$ Surrey BC

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Too bad there are no ratings for idiot FB prospective buyers! I am not talking about this situation with Whydontu, but referring to my experiences selling on FB Marketplace. The playing field is tilted a lot in favour of buyers.
You can rate buyers too. Trust me I have slammed some idiot buyers. Like the guy who bought my motorcycle lift, paid for it up front and then basically ghosted me for two days past the agreed on pickup date.

VicHobbyGuy

Ultra Member
You can rate buyers too. Trust me I have slammed some idiot buyers. Like the guy who bought my motorcycle lift, paid for it up front and then basically ghosted me for two days past the agreed on pickup date.
Prospective buyers - like the guy who lives 4 blocks from me who has been a no-show twice, and has been messaging for almost 2 weeks about a $40 item- don't count, only buyers with completed purchases. I'm getting way off-topic here, but FB buyer 'ratings' are a complete joke. From Facebook:
To keep ratings fair and prevent people from being pressured into giving dishonest ratings, buyer ratings are no longer visible to the public. Though buyer ratings are no longer public, these ratings help keep our Marketplace community safe.

VicHobbyGuy

Ultra Member
I suppose I shouldn't complain about FB too much - I got to buy my Logan lathe because the seller was exasperated with a 'buyer' who didn't realize that Victoria was on 'the Island', not a suburb of Vancouver. :)

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I suppose I shouldn't complain about FB too much - I got to buy my Logan lathe because the seller was exasperated with a 'buyer' who didn't realize that Victoria was on 'the Island', not a suburb of Vancouver. :)
My FB buying and selling experience has on the whole very positive. Only a few a$$hats :)

VicHobbyGuy

Ultra Member
I just discovered that: Ratings are only available on Facebook app for iPhone or Android, not facebook.com or Facebook Lite.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
I think its a case of getting out sharked by an aggressive buyer rather than the seller being being a ______ . What the seller did wrong (and its not a small thing) was lead you to believe they were going to hold it but that's likley just stupidity around commercial stuff.

The OP is no doubt an honourable guy who behaves in an honourable fashion and expects to be treated as such. However the seller doesn't know that and, if his experience is like mine, conditioned to think 75% of inquirers are flakes. What probably would he give that someone is going to show up the next day? Even then it wasn't, that I could see, a firm deal i.e. still open to inspection.

Competing with a buyer that aggressive, imo the moves are either pass, get over there right away or e transfer the 1800 and message him "sold"

No offense intended, been on the losing end and been on the winning end. The losing end sucks.